The inverse of the Marjory vase, this one uses the two branches as legs with the vase opening on top and is reminiscent of the arches and grottos left in eroding coastlines throughout the world. It is sturdy because of the width of the two legs so can handle relatively tall specimens. A bookcase would love to have one of these on it, I imagine, or maybe a small one on your desk to remind you to glance around and pick a small bit of foliage each week on your walk to work.
All of our products are made from pollarded wood taken from living trees. We are deeply dedicated to the sustainability of our planet, our products, and our business, so we choose to create products that don’t harm the environment they are sourced from. We can safely say that no trees were harmed in the making of this vase.
Because of the sustainable wood we use, the size, shape, and color of each Greta bud vase is variable, which ensures that you will always receive a completely unique vase to serve as a talking point in your home.
She needs no introduction, really. One of the most outspoken voices in modern ecological activism, and almost certainly the youngest, Greta Thunberg has become a beacon for the generations whose futures have been stolen from them by unchecked capitalism. You can read her book, No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference, or check out some of the others written about her.
Wood types available
Ash (Fraxinus excelsior)
Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna)
Oak (Quercus robur)
Holly (Ilex aquifolium)
Goat willow (Salix caprea)
Small: 10 cm (4 in) tall | 8 cm (3 in) wide | 5 cm (2 in) deep
Medium: 12 cm (5 in) tall | 10 cm (4 in) wide | 5 cm (2 in) deep
Large: 18 cm (7 in) tall | 15 cm (6 in) wide | 8 cm (3 in) deep
Important notes (read before buying)
- This listing is for one (1) vase only.
- All of our bud vases are for dried foliage only.
- This item is made-to-order. Please allow up to 1 week for us to make your item and process your order.
- Every item we make is entirely unique. All of our made-to-order products vary in shape, size, texture, color, etc. The product you see in the photo is just an example of the overall shape and size of the product you will receive.
- Nature isn’t perfect. Cracks are common when working with green (undried) wood. We hope that you will appreciate the natural details of our products as much as we do, but, if you are looking for a perfect product with none of the natural beauty of imperfections, please look to the work of other makers that work in dried wood.
Functional and simple design mixed with ancient hand carving techniques allow our wooden wares to be both lightweight and incredibly strong at the same time. Over ten years in design has given Nick, our maker, a strong belief in always allowing the wood to speak for itself.
With each piece he examines and follows the grain as he works, keeping the unique bends and burls rather than tossing them out like most makers would. This means you receive a stronger and more beautiful item than you would from someone who just carves from straight-grained blanks. It also means that every piece is entirely unique, so what you see in the photo is exactly what you will receive in the mail.
Sustainably pollarded limb from West Cork, Ireland
Time taken to make
Small: 1 hour 20 minutes
Medium: 1 hour 40 minutes
Large: 2 hours
Hand-sanded to a soft, matte finish then oiled and polished with linseed oil and beeswax