Your data privacy
In the plainest possible terms, we do not and will never collect and sell your data. And we will never use the information you provide us to sell you more of our products unless you double opt-in for a messaging tool such as our newsletter.
We believe the opaque mass collection of data by large organizations and subsequent use and sales of that data for profit is inhumane. We do not and will never use any data that you provide us for any purposes that we do not explicitly tell you about.
That aside, the reasons we do use your data are to deliver the product(s) that you ordered to you as sustainably and efficiently as possible. The only time we share your data is when we use services related to fulfilling your order, e.g. with the delivery service or the payment service. We will always try our best to refuse the services of any company that does not live up to our standards for data: that it is personal and that it should not be used for any reason that you have not willfully agreed to.
The rest of the information below is written in a way to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions at all, please contact me at [email protected] and I will be happy to try to answer them.
Information we collect
To send you our handmade products, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product(s) that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of a spoon, for example), if you contact us directly.
Why we need your information and how we use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
– if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
– and as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests.
Information sharing and disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
– Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
– Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
– Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of personal information outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
– Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
– Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Nick Kelly, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected] Alternately, you may mail me at:
7212 Renton Issaquah Rd SE
Issaquah, Washington 98027